Dr. Russell Moore offered commentary on the recent A&E suspension of Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty's patriarchal figure. Moore described the network television decision "censorious cultural fundamentalism" that is neither “progressive” nor “pluralistic.”
The ERLC president went on to conclude:
"Let’s have genuine diversity, meaning let’s talk honestly with one another about what we believe and why. Muting one another isn’t what debate is for in a free society. It’s what remote controls are for."
Read the entire statement-- "Duck Dynasty?" on the president's blog, Moore to the Point
- Baptist Press-- "Moore: 'Duck Dynasty' suspension closed-minded cultural 'intimidation'"
- CNN-- "'Duck Dynasty' family stands by suspended patriarch'"
- New York Daily-- "‘Duck Dynasty’ star Phil Robertson gets support from high-profile conservatives after suspension from A&E over anti-gay comments"
- The Christian Post-- "Is Facebook Deliberately Trying to Censor Support for Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson? Mike Huckabee Says 'Yes'"
- USA Today-- "Could this be the end of 'Duck Dynasty'?"
- Fox News-- "Sarah Palin, Gov. Jindal, 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil Robertson's suspension by A&E"