As we are packing bags for Phoenix, I thought it would benefit readers at SBC Tomorrow just how prominent Acts 29 Network, Mark Driscoll, and his church planting movement have become among the elites of the Southern Baptist Convention. Below are several of the more colorful issues we've discussed. With no chronological order intended, check out some of the following pieces I've written >>>
- "Timmy Brister at Boiling Point over Baptist Press"
- "Acts 29 Network: Elder-Led or Elder-Ruled"
- "Danny Akin, Mark Driscoll's Acts29, and the GCR Agenda: For the Record"
- "Acts 29 Network Covenant"
- "Danny Akin and Muffling Mean-spirited Myth-makers: Part 4"
- "The Cussing Pastor" Continues Influence Among Southern Baptists"
- "Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and Mark Driscoll: Straining Gnats but Swallowing Camels"
- "Drawing Swords Over Mark Driscoll: Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary vs. Baptist Press"
- "Forget the Cussin'! Let's Talk Sex!"
- "Mark Driscoll & SEBTS: The Common Denominator Among His Defenders"
- "Acts 29 and Anti-Congregationalism"
- "Vance Pitman Defending the 2011 SBC Pastors' Conference"
- "Is the 2011 SBC Pastors’ Conference Over the Top for Grassroots Southern Baptist Pastors?"
- "Southern Baptist Theological Seminary: "Ground Zero" for The Young, Restless, Reformed"
- "Calvinism on the Rise: A New Barna Study Challenges the Reformed Revival in America by Peter Lumpkins"
- "Exciting New Book Just in Time for Sale at the 2011 SBC Pastors' Conference"
I hope some of these pieces are helpful in gauging whether Acts 29 Network--which exclusively allows only Reformed theologies and robust elder-rule church polities (which fly in the face of Baptist ecclesiology) to be a part of its church-planting network--is a sober use of Annie Armstrong offerings for domestic missions. We now know some Acts 29 Network church plants receive funds from our Cooperative Program. NAMB needs to be held accountable for assisting Presbyterian-type church plants with Southern Baptists' missions dollars. In fact, many SBC leaders including Drs. Danny Akin and Al Mohler should be held accountable to Southern Baptists for promoting Acts 29 Network liaisons with Southern Baptists.
With that, I am...