J316C promises to be a scholarly evaluation of the recent Calvinist Resurgence in the Southern Baptist Convention. And, with the heavy weights involved, I do not personally see how it can miss. Scholars delivering papers at this conference include:
- Dr. Paige Patterson (President of SWBTS) on Total Depravity
- Dr. Richard Land (President of ERLC) on Unconditional Election
- Dr. David Allen (Dean at SWBTS) on Limited Atonement
- Dr. Steve Lemke (Provost at NOBTS) on Irresistible Grace
- Dr. Ken Keathley (Senior Associate Dean at SEBTS) on Perseverance of the Saints
This does not include the exceptional preaching of Dr. Johnny Hunt, current President of the SBC, Dr. Charles Stanley, Pastor of First Baptist Church of Atlanta, and of course, Dr. Jerry Vines, Pastor Emeritus, First Baptist Church, Jacksonville, Florida and President of Jerry Vines Ministries, Woodstock, Georgia. Complete info on each speaker is here.
As an additional feature of this conference, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary is offering this conference as a Graduate Course in Issues in Contemporary Theology: Calvinism and the Southern Baptist Convention (THEO6305). Undoubtedly, there will be assignments in addition to the conference proper (if not, graduate education has changed a lot over the last twenty years). Interested students should immediately contact NOBTS for further info on obtaining partial credit for this conference.
I've already marked my calendar.
With that, I am...